Does it matter? Do I?

That old question came back to me today: Why am I here? Is there a reason for this life of mine? It's not a question rooted in anxiety or depression today, but rather is rooted in a perspective of looking back, reflecting on what has been so far.

Borrowed from InnatCascade.com

This life, my life, has not been easy. I suppose, most of us would say that if we were asked. It's not something special or unique to me. Life, it turns out, is tough for most of us in some way.


But today, looking at the past, revisiting that old fear, I have security in knowing that my life does have a purpose, that my past trials, pains, and humiliations have worked together for some purposes instead of a random accidental patchwork of events that lead me to feeling forgotten and insignificant.

"So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while. These trials show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold--though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when you faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world....Through Christ you have come to trust in God. And you have placed your faith and hope in God because he raised Christ from the dead and gave him great glory....For you have been born again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God." --I Peter 1:6, 7, 21, 23

Wherever you are today, I hope that you find someone who is willing to share their story and offer you a glimpse into how each of our lives matters. The workman does not test and purify the metals that are common and insignificant, but tests and purifies the gold. Your life, like mine, has a tremendous value. Today, yes, it seems tough. It may seem like there is no reason for the pain you've faced. Although I can't tell you exactly why you are facing this right now, I have been in your shoes. It gets better. You get better. But you already matter.

This. This life does matter. You are precious, like gold. Like the golden ornaments upon the Christmas tree, you matter.

Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My birthday...but a wish for you

Hoarding--it's not about the STUFF

Admitting the Truth, Uncovering the Lie