Not Discouraged

"Now who will harm you if you are eager to do what is good? But even if you do suffer for doing what is right, you are blessed. Do not fear what they fear, and do not be intimidated, but in your hearts sanctify Christ as Lord. Always be ready to make you defense to anyone who demands from you an accounting for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and reverence. Keep your conscience clear, so that, when you are maligned, those who abuse you for your good conduct in Christ may be put to shame."-I Peter 3:13-16 (NRSV)


This morning, after posting my daily blog entry, I clicked on the "Share" button, hoping to post my blog link to my status on Facebook. I've been doing this regularly...probably for the last six months although previous to the last month, my posts have been few and far between. This morning, as I logged into Facebook to post the link, I received this message:

This message contains blocked content that has previously been flagged as abusive or spammy. Let us know if you think this is an error.

Normally, my reaction would have been anger, hurt, disbelief! I did try again just to make sure I hadn't pushed a button I shouldn't have. But then, I took a deep breath, sat back and thought, "When God closes a door, He opens a window."

In fact, I realize right now that only a very small number of people will probably read this in the near future because posting a link via Facebook is the way I share that I've posted here. I realize that there are people who subscribe to my blog and will still get this, but this change of events dramatically impairs my ability to get hope out there.

Or...it could. But I'm not going to let it. I know that what I'm posting here is not offensive (you ALWAYS have the choice to stop following or reading this...but I'm not posting hate speech!), and I'm not selling anything. Sure, I speak of hope and faith, but they are FREE. Jesus paid the price for that for all of us long ago. I get no money from posting here. I haven't even put ads on here!

So I'm going to trust that when God closes a door, He opens a window. And I have a feeling that whatever is outside that window is going to be MAGNIFICENT! I can't wait to throw open the sashes of the window and bask in the glorious sunshine and beauty of what He has waiting for me.

I feel called to ministry, sharing hope with other adult children who've grown up with a parent who hoards, but perhaps the window will broaden the reach! Perhaps God wants me to reach more than just one "audience". Hope and healing is available to ALL! And you don't have to have a parent who hoards, or drinks, to have experience pain, shame, false guilt, or other diminishing effects that keep you bound to the past.

I will not be afraid. I will not be discouraged. If God has called me, He will open the window. If He has not called me, I have no right to this at all anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My birthday...but a wish for you

Hoarding--it's not about the STUFF

Admitting the Truth, Uncovering the Lie